Fashion.Beauty.Dating.Career

Fashion.Beauty.Dating.Career
Everything else is just life.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Anniversary

One year ago this month it was over. It was all freeing and crushing at the same time. It was one year ago that I put one foot in front of the other and walked out of the door and made a run for a life of my own. A life that I would determine and a life that would be amazing.

So, there I was...24, almost 25, ready to have a bangin' career, lovely friends and the occasional date here and there. The world was my oyster. But like Sandra Bullock so eloquently states in While You Were Sleeping...life doesn't always turn out the way you plan. Which, sometimes, can be a good thing. Not so much for an impatient woman like myself.

This past year, I learned a lot about myself.

I learned that I am a lot stronger than I give myself credit for.


I know how to have a good time.
I work too much.
My friends are my biggest cheerleaders.
I love yoga and will practice for the rest of my life.
Family is not a right, it's a privilege.
Taylor Swift can read my thoughts and make them into songs.
Two tequila shots is plenty.
Running 10 NYC blocks in heels is possible.
I have a lot of love to give.
I'm loyal to a fault.
Things really do get easier with time.
I like clean surfaces.
It's OK to embrace my inner dork.
If I really put my mind to something, I can accomplish it.
And most importantly, I can move on.

When curling up in the fetal position on my bed seemed like the perfect answer to all of my woe's, I never thought I'd be able to see life through the trees. I was lost forever. Damaged goods.

Now...

I'm a better person. And, as sick as it sounds, I wouldn't change a thing.

1 comment: