Fashion.Beauty.Dating.Career

Fashion.Beauty.Dating.Career
Everything else is just life.

Monday, September 20, 2010

I Wanna Rock!

Last Thursday, I saw the Broadway musical "Rock of Ages." It was possibly the BEST show I've ever seen on the great white way, battling RENT for the first prize (there's no prize, but if there was it would be a close one). I am a big fan of the alternative musicals, the ones that are more modern, full of great songs and a kick-ass cast. I love being surprised by people and their talents and this was a show where I knew little about the plot and went in a Rock virgin.

My cherry was popped, so to speak, during the first number. I knew I was in for it when a chubby guy with a mullet walked out as our narrator. He was one of the best things about the show. I did, however, fall in love with Drew aka Wolfgang Von Colt. Who is in love with Cherie, a slut from the Midwest with big acting aspirations. I don't want to spoil the whole thing for you but I have never been so adamant about seeing a Broadway show again. I want to go every week.

I wanna rock!

Many of you don't know that I was originally a Drama major in college before I switched over to Journalism. The drama department was the main reason I wanted to go to SUNY New Paltz, they had a McKenna Theater (hello!). I would have loved a career in musical theater but I can't carry a tune to save my life. Regardless, I still have a high appreciation for any and all arts.

Luckily, my boyfriend is awesome and he had meet & greet passes. To my delight, my friend Jessica and I were in the front row for questions for the talented cast. She also met her future husband. Enjoy the photos below. Oh, and go see the show.


Me and Wolfgang. He smelled delicious and is much hotter in person.


Me, Michael (Jess's future hubby) and Jess.
Oh Cherie...I'm in love!