Fashion.Beauty.Dating.Career

Fashion.Beauty.Dating.Career
Everything else is just life.

Friday, August 1, 2008

Thank You America, Good Night!

The old adage: "Don't bite the hand that feeds you," seems almost too eerie to say but it reigns with truth. Call my views immature, liberal, conservative, uninformed, whatever on our poor American economy but I am at my utmost appalled right now.

This article: from my beloved New York Times solidifies in my mind that we are biting the hands that feed us, literally. Do we not live, work and play in the United States? Do we not have the privilege of soaking up greater knowledge in our fine institutions? Do we not have freedom of speech and freedom of the press --lest, why NYT was able to write and print such an article--?

Why then do we continue to bite the hand that feeds us our freedom? Why do we let the media (I am guilty of this myself, and at least I admit it!) brain wash our minds into thinking certain ways? Consumer Reports is mostly to blame, and basically the majority of America for believing everything they read.

I have to laugh every time I see someone driving a Toyota with an American flag attached to their antenna, or "These colors don't run!" bumper sticker on a Honda Ridgeline, or a "Proud to be an American" sticker on a Subaru. Um, if you were truly an American and truly cared about the country in which you represent on your precious Japanese bumper than one would assume that you would want said economy to thrive, no? *News Flash* all the money you spent on your Jap car is going to JAPAN! Not us! Although Toyota would like you to believe, now that they have factories here in the U.S. that you would be doing America a favor. Not so much.

But that's the beauty of this country, we have the right to choose whichever car we would like to drive. Therefore we are choosing our destiny. Our destiny to fail.

U-S-A!

No comments: