Fashion.Beauty.Dating.Career

Fashion.Beauty.Dating.Career
Everything else is just life.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Slowride...Take it Easy

My Mom likes to tell the story of when I was a baby first learning to walk. She claims that I didn't "walk" per say, I would run. Head first. I once ran head first into the glass door, my family was in the kitchen and heard a thump and waited for the cry. I fell on my bottom, laughing hysterically. In retrospect, you could say that I was born to run (thanks Bruce) and have always been one to "skip" a step.

This has been both beneficial and detrimental at the same time.

As a New Yorker, I ran everywhere. Always in a rush. In a rush to grow up. I quickly learned how fast you can burnout. I wanted to reach the top of the mountain first, while juggling water and hopping on one foot. It's just near impossible.

A wise man once said, slow down...take it one day at a time. And for once, it actually registered. With a full time job, a part time job, a full social calendar and yoga...I barely have time to breathe (hence the yoga).

I have finally slowed my roll and it feels good. I am slowly relinquishing control to fate. I am actually saying, "no" to people and finally living for myself and the people I love. I want to fly by the seat of my pants, not plan every move I make. Although, I will NEVER give up my planner. That shit's going to be buried with me.

I'm finally taking it easy, and I feel good about it. I'm tired of squeezing my friends into my schedule, I want to be able to walk leisurely through Ikea and pick out little nik nak's that I like. Maybe sit out in the sun and read, or take a pottery class. The possibilities are endless.

I'm on a slowride and I'm taking it easy. Finally.



No comments: