Fashion.Beauty.Dating.Career

Fashion.Beauty.Dating.Career
Everything else is just life.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

To Me, It's Personal

Sometimes, I take life too seriously. With that sort of attitude, I may not come out alive. My boy has done a great job at breaking me of this, but I can't help a relapse here and there.

I recently started a new job (you may have noticed with the lack of posts and the shortness of posts). Although my new venture is not entirely in my projected field of interest, I am definitely where I am supposed to be. In the few days that I have been employed there, I have learned so much about myself and my life goals. My heart swells with happiness thinking of all of the possibilities out there for me and knowing that I have the support group I need.

I also have a horrible habit of asking everyone else's opinion on a subject or situation...and then not listening.

The greatest knowledge is to be self-aware.

We had a Staff Retreat yesterday. The first half of the morning was our personal time to really think about and write down our life goals. It never really occurred to me to do such a thing, I just always had it in the back of my mind. Hoping that one day I would get there.


"...there's no elevator to success. You gotta take the stairs."

Really putting my goals out there helped shift my focus and kick my butt into high gear. If there is one thing, I will take this part of my life seriously. It's my future, I'm knocking on the doors of fate and destiny and I'm hoping one of them will let me in. If not, I will beat it down.

If you ask my Mom, my Dad and my Boy...they will all tell you one indefinite thing about me: I don't listen to anyone but myself.

Everything in my life is my personal obstacle, my personal loss or gain. Everything is my own.

My body is a holy temple.

I am taking this new found opportunity and running with it. I'm going to jog with this good feeling and I am going to forge uphill with my passion.

Everything happens for a reason. I am inspired by everyone and everything. And it's a wonderful feeling to just let go and laugh at the sky.

"There's a time and place for everything,
There's a reason why certain people meet
There's a destination for everyone
What's the explanation when we're done

All the summer nights spent wondering
So many questions asked
But no one's answering
Would it be OK if I left today
Took my chances on what you said was wrong

I'm jaded, stupid and reckless not sorry
When I'll never regret these years spent
So faded and reckless not sorry
And I'll never regret these years
I'll never regret these years."

--Mest, "Jaded."

No comments: