Fashion.Beauty.Dating.Career

Fashion.Beauty.Dating.Career
Everything else is just life.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

New Season, New Style

I had a conversation with my boyfriend last week about my blog. I have been having quite the internal conflict as to what to do, ie. the next steps. My goal has always been to write what I want, when I want and how I want (sticks out the proverbial tongue).

I have been juggling two blogs, one I had the aspirations to make it "blogozine" like with actual article-type pieces and have contributors etc. And the other blog was this one--my little baby that I have been contributing my thoughts, quips and heart to for a few years now. Ultimately, with my other freelancing duties I am unable to contribute to both adequately. The Allie blog is updated more frequently because it's about my life and is a steady steam of consciousness.

OK, so back to the boyfriend convo: I was complaining as to how labor intensive it is to keep up with two separate blogs, especially when you want to identify yourself with it and have it thoroughly be yours. The marketer in me had branding on the brain. I had decided at that moment that I wanted two blogs, one personal and one professional. I wrestled with the idea all week and stumbled upon this blog post. I didn't consult with my other marketers or other blogger friends for the very reason that I wanted to figure this out on my own.

Ironically enough, as I was writing, my boyfriend sitting across from me, I had an epiphany. I wanted the best of both worlds, so why not make it...The Best of Both Worlds.

Boy: "Just make sure Van Halen doesn't sue you."
Me: "Or Miley Cyrus..."
Boy: "Van Halen had it first."


I can't separate my life, because it's me. I can't separate my passions because that's what defines me. I'm a journalist, a marketer, a lifestyle obsessed 20-something. That's me and I want the best of both worlds. I am very tired of trying to separate the two things that I love because one is personal and one is professional, my professional work is displayed on other sites as I freelance out the wazoo and I have no problem mixing the two. It may result in one of the best tasting cocktails ever. An Allie-tini if you will.

When I'm old and gray, I don't want to regret separating my passions and not contributing to life. I am going balls to the walls with this blog, because in the blog world...you can.

This blog will now be a "column" like experience, the way I always wanted it to be. Sitting in my stylish apartment with my two doggies at my feet, drinking that sweet lemonade I made out of the lemons I was handed. And writing what I want, when I want and how I want really is the best of both worlds.


1 comment:

Lee said...

Not gonna lie, I thought that one line said, "when I'm old and gay."

I think it's a great idea. Why not? I do movie reviews in mine, who cares! Write away, m'love.