Fashion.Beauty.Dating.Career

Fashion.Beauty.Dating.Career
Everything else is just life.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Always Choose Paris

Now, let me set the record straight. I used to watch Laguna Beach and The Hills religiously since, well, it was entertaining. However, I stopped when Heidi and Spencer became too much to watch and I don't think I watched any episodes of the last few seasons. However (again), I was sucked back in a few weeks ago watching The Bitch (Kristen) for a good 4 hours. Thank you MTV and your marathons.

What I would like to comment on is this: I absolutely adore Lauren. From the get go I thought she had a good head on her shoulders, a great eye for style and I admired her for sticking to her guns. Not many young gals can come back from making the WORST decision of her life-ie. staying with Jason and not going to Paris. I can't even tell you how many cuss words were thrown at the television.

Although, I couldn't understand what her motive was back then, I definitely understand now. Sometimes (and that's the beauty with life) you have to not choose Paris to let life happen the way it's supposed to. Am I not making any sense? Let me explain:

I was in a similar situation as LC-bad ass boyfriend, treated me poorly, controlling and all that jazz. I had many an opportunity to exit stage left (nothing as enticing as Paris) and I stayed put-motionless in the spotlight. I had the proof that the grass was greener and that there were boys that would treat me better, but it had to go from bad to really bad to "please pick me up from the floor" bad. I passed over some really great guys and some really great opportunities so I didn't disrupt the sleeping giant. I eventually learned my lesson, and so did Lauren.

Fortunately, Lauren and I were able to pick ourselves up and begin anew. She was obviously more successful than I was, with her own TV show and all, but we never let anything stop us again. She has been able to create a nice little nest egg for herself and is an extremely savvy business person. I have bought many items from her clothing line from Kohls, and one of these days I'm sure I'll get around to reading one of her books. I think she's genuine, sweet and smart and she's living proof that nice girls can finish first.

As for me?

The rest is still unwritten.

No comments: