Fashion.Beauty.Dating.Career

Fashion.Beauty.Dating.Career
Everything else is just life.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

In an MMMBop they're gone

Anyone who knows me knows about my favorite band: Hanson. I was that 13 year old girl screaming for Taylor at the concerts CONVINCED that he looked me in the eyes. I had lipstick marks all over their posters, I even had a life-size poster on my ceiling above my bed. My high school boyfriends had to compete with that. It was love at first Bop.

Now, 13 years later (literally half of my life) I'm still a fan. A little less obsessive (notice I said "a little) and I have the utmost respect for their talents. Which, contrary to popular belief, did not end with MMMBop. It was the song that started it all. The questions as to what the heck it meant (MMMBop= a frame of time. BTW.) and finding an ever deeper meaning that, at the time the 16, 13 and 11 year old's proved they were way beyond their years.

The song is really about holding on to the ones that really care, because in an MMMBop they're gone.

You can have so many relationships in this life, only one or two will last. You go through all this pain and strife and in the end they're gone so fast. I've learned a lot about friendships in the latter part of my life. There are the chosen few who will be there through thick and thin and I'm lucky to have found those people so early on. I could be too quick to jump the gun, but I don't know what I would do without these chicks in my life (I mean my friends, not Hanson). We laugh until it hurts, cry til it feels better and shop until we drop.

So, on an evening of what should have been my attendance at a local Hanson show at the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, N.J. I decided to opt out to write this post about my amazing girls.*


*That wasn't the whole reason, lack of funds also played a big part.

So hold on the ones who really care
In the end they'll be the only ones there
And when you get old and start losing your hair
Tell me who will still care
Can you tell me who will still care?





In an MMMBop...you're still here.

2 comments:

Meg said...

love you like woah!!!! <3 <3 <3

Amber Nikol said...

Oh the memories. This song did start it all didn't it? Even though we lost touch for awhile there, I'm glad that I was able to meet you and become good friends over the years. Wished I'd never lost contact with you, but the memories are still there and we'll always have Hanson. Even if we aren't as close as we used to be.