Fashion.Beauty.Dating.Career

Fashion.Beauty.Dating.Career
Everything else is just life.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Blast from the Past: When Life Hands you Lemons



...you make lemonade. What if I want to make an awesome life, minus the lemonade? I've been doing a lot of complaining lately, mainly because nothing is coming very easily. I'm at a job that I feel is a dead end and I've had so many jobs in different fields that I have yet to find my niche. I should star in a reality show called "Finding my Niche..." I can try a bunch of different things and stick with the things I'm good at. Think of it like the Simple Life meets The Apprentice.

Or...I could have the life I always dreamed of (well, technically, not always...just recently is more accurate).

-I want a cute apartment (nice size, great location, near a park).

-A full time job doing public relations and planning events where I can make my own schedule

-The ability to freelance for a number of fashion, beauty and lifestyle mags (or just this blog becoming hella successful...whichever comes first) to which I would be inundated with free samples to try and report on.

-I want a dog. A boy. And he better be big.

-I want to hang out with my dog at home and work, I want to be able to take him to the park every day and he'll just chill at my feet when I'm on the computer or on the phone making the big bucks.

-I want to cook. Like REALLY cook. Make dinner every night for my significant other.

-I also want a fabulous wardrobe.

CariDee English, Cycle 7 winner of America's Next Top Model may have summed up life the best way I've heard in a long time.

"There's no elevator to success, you have to take the stairs."

*Sigh*

I'll settle for a 3rd floor walk up.


This post via, The Steps.

No comments: