Fashion.Beauty.Dating.Career

Fashion.Beauty.Dating.Career
Everything else is just life.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing

There are about 10 bands/artists that I would like to see perform live before I die, well, more accurately, before THEY die. And the article that was plastered all over my Yahoo homepage a few days ago triggered the "band-aid" inside me and got me thinkin'. At the age of 61, Steven Tyler, a man who I grew up listening to, fell off the stage at his most recent concert.

I still have yet to see Aerosmith in concert and they stand firm at the top of my favorite band's list, they are, however, the authors of my favorite song EVER. To which, got me thinking (as I so eloquently stated in the previous paragraph) how many other bands/artists I would like to see play live before they croak (or fall of a stage and break something...). The list is as follows, in no particular order.


Aerosmith-by default, my favorite band of all time. I grew up listening to them and I own every single one of their albums. It would make my life complete.

U2-Also grew up listening to U2, I heard they put on stellar shows and being the casual fan that I am, I can't help but get sucked in by Bono's stage presence.

John Mayer-OK, so he's dated a few celebs in his day, and has a tendency to be an a$$ but that doesn't take away the fact that he is one talented mofo. His songs drip with raw emotion and I'm a sucker for a man that can wail on a guitar like that. If you haven't heard "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room" yet, you haven't heard John Mayer.

Bon Jovi-Undeniably New Jersey's golden boys. I'd love to see them play in their hometown with a beer in my hand singing along to all of their hits. They're classic.

Billy Joel-I blame my Dad for getting me hooked on Billy Joel. He used to sing to me "For the Longest Time" before I went to sleep every night. One of my Dad's cousins also claims to have been an original member of Billy Joel's band back in the 70's. Whether it's true, I doubt it. Regardless, he's awesome and responsible for fond childhood memories.

Madonna-The Queen of Pop. She rules. Granted I would have love to have seen her in her hey-day, but I'll settle for her next go-round. Legen-wait for it-dary.

Cher-My Mom was a huge Cher fan. Her, like Madonna, are unapologetically themselves, and I admire that. They told the music industry to kiss their perky asses and have made history. I would like to be a part of that.

Green Day-I was one of the only 6th graders I knew wearing a Green Day t-shirt when they first came out. I stole it from my younger brother and I thought I was so cool. The band has gotten progressively better with age and I don't see them slowing down anytime soon.

The Beatles-OK, I know this can't happen. But oh man, if I could see the Fab Four in concert, I'd be in my glory. If only...

KISS-The original 4 AND in makeup and costume. If I had my choice, it would be under the Brooklyn Bridge.

No comments: